Eric Lindh Foster Law, LLC – Business Law and Debtor Rights Scholarship
In an effort to encourage passionate advocacy on behalf of consumers and small businesses, Eric Lindh Foster Law, LLC is proud to sponsor a new business law and debtor rights scholarship opportunity.
For nearly 30 years, Eric Lindh Foster of Eric Lindh Foster Law, LLC has assisted small business owners as they formed companies and has advocated for the rights of businesses and debtors domestically and internationally. Foster became a passionate consumer advocate after serving as an attorney at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Since that time, he has spent countless hours assisting both consumer debtors and aspiring small business owners as they launch new ventures.
To foster the promotion of consumer advocacy and small business formation, our firm has created a scholarship for students who are either currently enrolled in a degree program or who plan to enroll in a degree program that promotes these values and opportunities. Benjamin Franklin once mused that “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” Our firm believes in the power of education and, to that end, we are honored to provide financial assistance to those who could benefit from it on their journey towards attaining a higher level of education.
At this time, Eric Lindh Foster Law, LLC is proud to announce that we will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a Junior/Senior in high school, and to a student pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type, provided that those award winners meet the eligibility and selection criteria outlined below.
Eligibility and Scholarship Selection Criteria
To be considered, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements and selection criteria:
- This scholarship is offered to high school Juniors and Seniors, as well as any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in consumer advocacy and/or small business operations. This interest may be demonstrated by past and/or present volunteer experiences, professional experience, educational experiences, and/or other relevant life experiences.
- The scholarship candidate must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please note that the scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, room and board, books, and/or other fees, at the high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program where the student is currently enrolled or will eventually be enrolled, provided that the program in question is accredited and located within the United States.
Scholarship Application Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, please submit the following documentation:
- A current resumé.
- An essay (1,000-word limit) responding to either of the following prompts:
- How does small business ownership empower individuals and communities?
- Why is debt relief an opportunity that should be made reasonably accessible to those struggling to make ends meet?
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s high school or college.
The Eric Lindh Foster Law, LLC Business Law, and Debtor Rights Scholarship winners will be announced in September of 2022.
Scholarship Application Instructions
Scholarship applicants should send all required documentation noted above via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org). The official submission deadline for all application materials is August 30, 2022.