Hartford Consumer Credit Attorney Explains Settling a Debt for Less Than You Owe
I sometimes get clients coming to me as a Hartford Consumer Credit Attorney about past due bills being offered to settle for less than they owe. Whether or not you should settle a debt with a debt collector after receiving an offer really depends on what the offer is as well as the circumstances involved. Typically, the longer you get in the debt collection process, the better the offer you can secure. I advise people as a Hartford Consumer Credit Attorney that sometimes it can be of benefit to let the debt go into collections and/or litigation in order to get the best settlement regarding a defaulted debt.
If you need help with settling a debt for less than you owe, contact our experienced Hartford Consumer Credit Attorney.
This informational video was brought to you by Attorney Eric L. Foster, an experienced Hartford Consumer Credit Attorney.
- Proving Your Debt
- Knowing the Price of Your Sold Repossessed Vehicle
- My Lender is Trying to Collect More Money After Repossession
- Buying Back Your Repossessed Car at an Auction
- Police Being Notified of a Repossession
- Receiving a Summons for Not Paying a Debt