New Haven Consumer Debt Lawyer Explains How to Dispute an Inaccurate Item on a Credit Report
As a New Haven Consumer Debt Lawyer I often get asked how to dispute inaccurate items on a credit report. You must file an F3 form with one of the three credit reporting agencies. The agencies can either remove the item from your report in 72 hours or they will investigate the claim and contact you back in 45 days. I often advise clients as a New Haven Consumer Debt Lawyer that if the outcome is unfavorable that they may want to challenge the result.
If you need help with an inaccurate item on a credit report, contact our experienced New Haven Consumer Debt Lawyer.
- The Importance of Credit Reports
- The Right to an Accurate Credit Report
- Obtaining a Copy of Your Credit Report
- Preventing Identity Theft with a Credit Report
- Items that Can Negatively Impact Your Credit Score
- Common Credit Report Errors
- The Time Length of Negative Items on Your Credit Report
- How to Add a Note to a Credit Report