Hartford County Debtor Rights Lawyer Discusses Illegal Debt Collection Activities
Very often as a Hartford County Debtor Rights Lawyer I get questions about illegal debt collection activities. I advise clients that many debt collection practices are illegal and unlawful. Generally, any practice that is fraudulent and deceptive is unlawful under US law. These more nefarious activities include threatening to report you to the immigration authorities, contacting your neighbors and informing them of your debt. As a Hartford County Debtor Rights Attorney I advise people that other illegal activities includes calling you at work when you’ve advised them it’s distressing to do so, calling your cell phone in certain circumstances, and making untrue representations to you regarding the debt.
If you need help putting a stop to Illegal Debt Collection Activities, please contact our experienced Hartford County Debtor Rights Lawyer.
- Being Notified of Your Rights by a Debt Collector
- How to Stop Harassing Debt Collection Calls
- Getting Collection Calls That are Not from the Bank
- Out of State Debt Collectors
- Receiving Multiple Harassing Collection Calls Per Day
- How to File a Complaint on a Debt Collector
- The Punishments for Law Breaking Debt Collectors