Hartford Consumer Debt Lawyer Discusses Receiving Multiple Harassing Collection Calls Per Day
As a Hartford Consumer Debt Lawyer I often get questions about debt collectors calling several times a day. Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, it is illegal for a debt collector to make excessive calls to you per day or to contact you at inappropriate or inconvenient hours. Collectors should not be calling you before 8:00 AM or after 9:00 PM. In some circumstances, they should not be calling you on your cell phone at all unless they received prior permission. As a Hartford Consumer Debt Lawyer I often advise clients that these calls and other inconvenient calls such as to your office when you’ve told them not to call you are an infringement of your rights and you have the right to sue the debt collector and receive damages.
If you have any questions or need help with receiving several collection calls per day, contact our experienced Hartford Consumer Debt Lawyer.
This informational video was brought to you by Attorney Eric L. Foster, an experienced Hartford Consumer Debt Lawyer.
- Being Notified of Your Rights by a Debt Collector
- How to Stop Harassing Debt Collection Calls
- Getting Collection Calls That are Not from the Bank
- Illegal Debt Collection Activities
- Out of State Debt Collectors
- How to File a Complaint on a Debt Collector
- The Punishments for Law Breaking Debt Collectors