Tolland County Consumer Debt Attorney Explains How to Stop Harassing Debt Collection Calls
I always get asked as a Tolland County Consumer Debt Attorney about how to stop harassing debt collection calls. A very important tool in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act which provides the right for a consumer to demand that a debt collector halt communications and stop contacting a debtor. As a Tolland County Consumer Debt Attorney, I have seen that an alternative is to have your attorney write a letter to the debt collector, notifying them that you’ve retained an attorney to represent them regarding the debt. When this happens, the debt collector is no longer allowed to contact you directly and must now communicate through your attorney.
If you need any help with stopping a harassing debt collector, contact our experienced Tolland County Consumer Debt Attorney.
- Being Notified of Your Rights by a Debt Collector
- Getting Collection Calls That are Not from the Bank
- Illegal Debt Collection Activities
- Out of State Debt Collectors
- Receiving Multiple Harassing Collection Calls Per Day
- How to File a Complaint on a Debt Collector
- The Punishments for Law Breaking Debt Collectors