Middlesex County Consumer Credit Attorney on Being Notified of Your Rights by a Debt Collector
As a Middlesex County Consumer Credit Attorney I often get asked about debt collectors notifying clients of their rights. Debt collectors are required by Federal Law to notify you (the debtor) of specific rights you are entitled to. Collectors are required to inform you that this it an attempt to collect a debt. Also, as a Middlesex County Consumer Credit Attorney I also tell clients that they are also required to assert that any information obtained regarding their communications with you may be collected to secure such debts and that they must state that it is a communication from a debt collector. Failure to make one or all of these disclosures or warnings is a violation of Connecticut law.
If you are being called by a debt collector and being advised of your rights, please contact our experienced Middlesex County Consumer Credit Attorney.
- How to Stop Harassing Debt Collection Calls
- Getting Collection Calls That are Not from the Bank
- Illegal Debt Collection Activities
- Out of State Debt Collectors
- Receiving Multiple Harassing Collection Calls Per Day
- How to File a Complaint on a Debt Collector
- The Punishments for Law Breaking Debt Collectors